How to Apply
Submit your application through our online form.
The deadline for application is 11:59pm CET on Sunday, March 1, 2020. To guarantee fair conditions for everyone, we cannot accept any application that reaches us after March 1, 2020, no matter how it was transmitted.
Application is only possible via the online application form. However, in case you’d like to send additional material via postal mail, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot return any material sent to us via postal mail.
Please assure that you hold the copyrights to all material submitted. We may use parts of your application within our documentation, even if you are not invited for the Forum and Festival. Forecast only accepts applications in English. Furthermore, all public events and communication take place in English.
In general, the application requires that you :
- Clearly define your project idea and express what you want to achieve.
- Sketch the content and format of your participation at the Forecast Forum and Festival. What is the relation between the format (performance, presentation, talk, workshop, screening, installation etc.) and what you are seeking to convey?
- Identify the key materials that you need, as well as production steps.
- Describe how the proposal could gain from working in tandem with the mentor you have chosen to apply with.
There are no restrictions or eligibility requirements regarding disciplines or genres. We strongly advise applicants to reflect on the mentor’s approach to creative production, as well as on the public nature of the Forecast Forum and Festival, which requires that you convey your project to an audience.
If you are chosen, you will take part in a work-stay with your mentor at a partner institution. The institutions are selected according to their relevance to your work and interests. Please suggest 1-3 international institutions that are relevant for you, or beneficial to the completion of your project. If you are selected by the mentor, Forecast will aim to accommodate your choices as much as possible.
In the application form, you will be requested to enter the following:
- Your mentor: name the intended mentor.
- Your core concept: 1,400 characters max.
- Your proposal: 12 MB max.
- Your portfolio: select work that you really want to show. We ask you to send us a maximum of eight pages of images and/or visuals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Your life and career: three projects, jobs, or moments in your life that have been of special importance to you, 600 characters max.
- Suggested work-stay partners (optional).
- Basic information: first name, last name, year of birth, address, country of residence, citizenship(s), and email.
- Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
If you plan to submit additional material via postal mail, please contact Greta Kallsen for further assistance: email@example.com.
For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).